Monday, December 3, 2012

Seoul, South Korea - 5 Days / 4 Nights Itinerary


I went to visit Seoul in South Korea last November 3-8, 2012.

PB071313048e

The whole city was enveloped in vivid colors of red, orange, and yellow. I can say that autumn here is a sight to behold. With so many trees scattered around the city, you are literally showered with falling leaves on almost every street corner.

PB061108065e

I better stop talking about the season now. Let’s head on to my travel plan.


Thinking that I have a lot of time on my hands, I listed down a lot of places to visit during this trip. Reality soon took over and that mindset vanished into thin air. Apparently, I only managed to go to about 3 places per day in order to not involve too much rushing.

Another thing, my flight arrived in Incheon International Airport late at night so I didn’t bother making any plans for my first night there. With that, I can say that this trip lasted for 5 Days and 4 Nights.
So, I’ll list down below what my actual itinerary ended up like.

Day 1:
Browsing at Namdaemun Market
Lunch at Saboten within Shinsegae
Strolling around Euljiro and City Hall
Dinner and nightlife at Myeongdong

Day 2:
Quick Lunch at Subway
Viewing Seoul from above at N Seoul Tower
Dinner and Shopping at Myeongdong

Day 3:
Discovering history at Changdeokgung Palace
Lunch at Flora by Chef Jo Woo Hyun
Finding hidden treasures at Insadong
Dinner at Jongno

Day 4:
Culture seeking at Gyeongbokgung Palace - Part 1 - Part 2
Spotting high ranking officials at Cheongwadae (Blue House)
Learning political history in Sarangchae at Cheongwadae President Museum
Lunch at a café in Samcheongdong
Afternoon snack and souvenir shopping at Insadong
Dinner and wandering at Myeongdong

Day 5:
Enjoying the traditional houses at Bukchon Hanok Village
Lunch at Myeongdong KyoJa
Last minute shopping and grocery hunting at Namdaemun and Myeongdong
Dinner at Incheon International Airport

PB061176133e

PB061218175e

I’ll be going into the details of my Korea trip in the succeeding posts so watch out for it!

Which part of this itinerary did you like best so far? Tell me about it by commenting below or using the Contact button on the right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment