Saturday, September 14, 2013

Taipei, Taiwan - 4 Days / 3 Nights Itinerary

Another one of my summer trips was the one in Taipei, Taiwan. I actually thought that I would not be able to go through with this one due to some unforeseen circumstances. However, with pure determination and a little bit of luck, I managed to go ahead with it anyway.

P5163377011e

As I did not have much time to plan out this trip, my itinerary started out to be a list of places I wanted to visit. In any case, I survived throughout this trip with just that. Ticking out more places than I had expected – also, visiting some areas that are not even part of my list!

P5163431022e


Being a first timer in this city, I enjoyed what the city has to offer. With a very modern transportation system, it was very easy to go around. Also, I like how the place still exudes a relaxing atmosphere even if it is a bustling metropolis. Of course, that is only my observation – others might find it hard to believe and think otherwise.

P5173483004e

Taipei has a lot of attractions to offer tourists, especially to those who like visiting temples and street markets. I think it could Bangkok in terms of temples and Hong Kong in terms of street markets. There are literally so many temples and street markets scattered around. I actually went to a few of these during my stay.

P5173510007e

Anyway, here’s how my actual itinerary ended up like:

Day 1:
Saw the “Father of the Nation” at the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall
Learning some philosophical thoughts at the Confucious Temple
Silent reflections at the Dalongdong Bao’an Temple
Going with the crowds at Ximending Shopping Street

Day 2:
Praying with the locals at Longhsan Temple
Enjoying the scenic views at Tamsui District

Day 3:
Looking up at the Taipei 101
Faced the General at the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall
Viewing the cityscape at Elephant Hill

Day 4:
Encountered nice animals at the Taipei Zoo
Looking for good finds at Taipei Main Station
Strolling and shopping around Miramar Entertainment Park

P5193780001e

I’ll be going into the details of my Taipei trip in the succeeding posts so watch out for it!

P5193794015e

Which part of this itinerary did you like best so far? Tell me about it by commenting below or using the Contact button on the right. 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing place and pics are ultimate thanks for sharing your experience..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for dropping by! yes, it is really nice there. :)

      Delete